Go to...

TFYLP-Episode 219-Selling Regrets & Piecing Stuff Together

Ever had that Transformer you sold and wish you hadn’t?  Ever wanted to get a Transformer cheap and incomplete to piece it together and save money?  Just a couple of the topics tonight on #TFYLP!  Interact with us live here or on Twitter @TFYLP

Liked it? Take a second to support Weirdwolf on Patreon!

About Weirdwolf

25 Responses to “TFYLP-Episode 219-Selling Regrets & Piecing Stuff Together”

1. October 1, 2016 at 8:20 pm

I regret having to have to sell my pieced together Fort Max. I put around a thousand into it and only got $450.00 out of it.

• October 1, 2016 at 8:09 pm

We’ll be beginning shortly, post your comments and questions here!

• October 1, 2016 at 8:20 pm

• October 1, 2016 at 8:20 pm

Who is that other person on the show? He has a punchable face.

• October 1, 2016 at 9:00 pm

you can try.

• October 1, 2016 at 9:00 pm

but you’d just punch Jim Black

• October 1, 2016 at 10:03 pm

I was talking about that Sergio kid. Don’t think he said he single word during the broadcast

• October 1, 2016 at 8:21 pm

I traded away a sealed grand Maximus for a goodbye Megatron. Don’t really regret it but financially do.

• October 1, 2016 at 8:51 pm

when I first started collecting I would piece together all my G1 figures. I found it was always more expensive than purchasing a complete figure. Although its far more rewarding knowing that you are adding to number of complete transformers in existence.

• October 1, 2016 at 9:02 pm

I related to what Don said about selling stuff you’ll never be able to get back. I sold my Botcon 06 Megatron last year to help pay for my real-life ROTF Jolt (an actual Chevy Volt). It was a hard decision because I’ll never pay what it would take to get it back, but I’ve been ok with my decision for over a year.

• October 1, 2016 at 9:04 pm

All my G1 collection…….????

• October 1, 2016 at 9:08 pm

Stuff I picked up for crazy price that I never thought I’d get: Sealed X9 Ravage and Botcon 95 Packat in box with comic for $75 together :O

• October 1, 2016 at 9:49 pm

Hey Bret, I just wanted to thank you for helping me complete about 20 g1 figures. I was the guy who couldn’t find you at TFcon Toronto. Thanks again bud!

• October 1, 2016 at 9:51 pm

So Bret likes to be stalked for sales.

• October 1, 2016 at 10:04 pm

We need a lab where you send in a shaving from the missile and we can do a ful spectrographic test on the missile color as well as a full chemical breakdown of the mixture in the plastic.

• October 1, 2016 at 10:06 pm

50/50/90…. 50 percent chance of being right, 50 percent change of being wrong…. and 90 percent of time you pick the wrong one.

• October 1, 2016 at 10:06 pm

Does it help if Sergio is texting me?

• October 1, 2016 at 11:35 pm

Watching after the live broadcast. Good discussion. This summer, I found a G1 Slapdash at a flea market and it took me a short while to find all the bits to piece together. The thrill of finding the figure and building it makes it a personally fulfilling addition to my collection.

• October 1, 2016 at 11:43 pm

Pieced together 99% of my US g1 collection, paid probably 50% of value on it as a whole. Pieced together a victory Leo from just the body, same with black zarak, roadfire, some parts for grandus, etc. Never paid over eBay prices for anything, $32 mib snapdragon, $600 mib black zarak, $27 springer, etc etc etc